Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How do you do it?

Hey Brad, it's me, "Adams" or Seth, or Seth Frischknecht. I hope you remember me (that's actually what my question has to do with). Anyway, I was just wasting time (or so I thought) when I came across your good advice blog! I can't believe I've made it this far in life without all of that. For some reason, the gods have been good to me and have given me this chance to start receiving your advice. Anyway, my question is how can I get people like you and Coach Talley to think I'm still cool? I mean, in High School, Coach Talley and I were friends and stuff, and now I think he thinks I was just another one of those kids, you know? And you - I still remember you talking to me right before the 800 at State my Senior year, telling me to go out there and have fun and all. How does someone cool stay cool?
Thanks man,


Seth - Fruit Heights

First things first. I doubt a God sent you to me. It was just dumb luck. But luck all the same. And not luck as in some super natural force.
Secondly, I too, am surprised that you made it this far in life with out royally effing up without my advice. It is lucky you found this site when you did.
You will never be be just another one of the kids. When meets get rolling, Coach Talley has a hard time remembering to eat. In fact, one time he was so wrapped up in the races he forgot to breath. 2 or 3 minutes later he started to turn purple I had to throw a glass of cold water in his face to get his attention. I swear he was seconds away from passing out. What I am trying to say is; don't take it personally. Talley has a job to do at meets and he doe sit well. The Darts aren't where they are because Coach Talley is shooting the breeze with people. It's not us, it's him. ;)
Secondly, if you want to stay cool, then be cool. You don't people to tell you that you are cool. Just be cool. It's more of a state of mind. Just be who you are and don't worry about it. In life there are going to be people that like you no matter what, and there will be people who do not like you. Why waste your time worrying about people who do not like you, when you could be hanging with people who do?
If I worried about the people who didn't like me...well let's for the sake of this advice say that there are actually people who don't like me...well, I would have less time to be cool and give great advice.
Without getting into B.S. crap like "The Secret", just be what you want to be. Having other people think you are cool starts with you thinking you are cool. The rest is just sitting around chilling out, and letting the ladies swoon.

No comments: