Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ben who?

Dear Brad,I need your help. What would you do if you once had a great friend, coach and mentor that totally changed your life, made you a hero and a legend, taught you to run and talk at the same time, peed with you in the park before a meet, trespassed over half the land in Morgan in Fugitive, put on races together with boxcutters and sandpaper as prizes, laughed, cried and bled together, popped each others' zits, shared ice cream and campfires, and became immortal in song together,* AND THEN, out of NOWHERE, this mentor, friend, coach cuts off contact and stops talking to you and leaves you in a strange new city alone, with no freinds and no running routes. What would you do? Advice is needed. Plus, I am pissed off you never gave me advice on my last question, honestly. Though it was a while ago.


Ben "The forgotten One, though you named your son after him" Ure

Oh Benjamin, oh dearest Benjamin, it is you that has forgotten your roots. I long for those days of us running to and fro in Morgan in the dark night. I keep looking at your Blog which has not been updated since early 1986.
In fact, once you left the country, I didn't hear from you. I wept myself to sleep at night holding little Benjamin hoping to some how feel your spirit. I tell him stories of you in hopes that he will know the legend that I once laughed with, took a pee in fields with, and acting about 1/4th my actual age.
If I were you I would come back from the big city and live in piece here in Utah...the place where you belong. You are still my favorite Benny Boy.
Also, I have looked back at my records and I answered your ONLY request for advice.
Come home Benjamin!!!

1 comment:

The Mr. said...

What?! You mutually popped zits with someone else?! I thought what we had was special! I feel so betrayed.