Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Monday, December 14, 2009

More words to live by.

1-When you are texting while driving...tsk tsk tsk..don't think that because you are holding your phone on your lap that everyone else doesn't realize you are texting. We know why you are driving slowly, and weaving like an idiot. Just because we can't see your phone doesn't mean we don't know what you are doing. If you are going to put our lives in danger, then be open about it. Hiding it just makes you look even more like an idiot.

2-If you are telling yourself that you would run if you only had a treadmill, you are either really delusional, or a complete liar. If you don't run outside, you won't run inside. Save money and buy hangers instead of a $1,500 clothes hanger.
Better yet, get out and run. If you can stick through the opening stage of getting in good shape you will probably stick with it indefinitely. If you run outdoors, then you will run on a treadmill on those extremely yucky days.

3- Everyone doesn't think like you. The minute you realize this your life will be so much easier, and people will like you much, much more. Now, don't let me lead you to believe that you shouldn't think like I do, because you life will be better if you do. But I do realize, everyone doesn't like to run, drink Mtn. Dew, listen to good music, and live a kick ass lifestyle. And I'm okay with that. But really, everyone doesn't hold the same arbitrary values you have, like the same things you do, or respect the same people. See it for what it is...They are not attacking you, they're just giving you a chance to see things differently. And maybe, just maybe, one of us might change the way we think. If you always assume you're right, you'll never learn new things.

4- Be nice to people and your life will be easier. When our boys came home with their report cards with great grades, what we raved about was their Honor in Citizenship grade. Both of their teachers said they give very few over all Honors. It is graded on about 10 different things. This is exactly what I told Ethan. "Why we are most proud of that is because it shows what kind of person you are. Any asshole can get straight A's, but only good people will get all Honors. Trust me Ethan, if you are nice, respectful, and caring towards other people your life will be much easier." It's true. Doors will open for you that you never imagined. People hire, buy from, want to be with, want to help out, and include people that are nice. I have found it also helps to be really, really awesome. Being cool is a plus, but Really, Really Awesome is a shoe in for success.
Being nice to people helps you out, and helps other people out. Everyone's life gets better. Remember, everyone, if they live long enough with lose everyone they care about, isn't that reason enough to be kind? I think so.
No one likes and A hole...don't be one! And that's my advice for the day!

2 comments:

Rob-not-Bob said...

Dear Brad,

What should I say to someone that keeps giving me unsolicited advice at irregular periods? Does that answer change if I find the advice good, bad, or even mildly entertaining? Does the distinction of "good, bad, or mildly entertaining" say more about the particular advice or more about me as the receiver? Are these questions more or less ironic than your point #3 above? Please expound.

Yours truly,

Metagrobolized in Marana

Good Advice from Brad said...

It says much about you. You will notice that I pointed out that you should think like me, only if you don't want your life to suck. But even I realize that people don't think like I do. (But they should)And all of my advice is good advice...and mildly to moderately entertaining at all times...and ALWAYS helpful. I’m not sure if you know me, or not, but if you did you wouldn’t need to ask silly questions.
Also, once you have come to www.goodadvicefrombrad.blogspot.com you have just solicited advice. And the answer your question; you don’t really say anything to that person but “Thanks for caring”.