Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Skorts or No Skorts?

Hey Brad,

So I've been seeing a lot about running skirts lately and wondering if I should get one. I don't know what to think about them. Some people say they are really comfy and "flirty" and others say they aren't for the sport and a pain. I don't like skirts, but I don't like running just in my spandex. What do you think?

Mari, Kaysville


Well, I would never wear one. They are pretty feminine. I just don't think I could pull it off. In the Winter I will wear half tights. (Spandex), but I'm not so sure I could pull the whole, Skort thing off. say all you want about comfort, but I think I would be too self conscience to wear one.
As for you, well, it's your choice. I know several people who want one. Word on the street is that they are comfortable. I guess they don't ride up. So if that is an problem, get a pair.
You can always get a pair, and see what you think. If you don't like it, be glad you only bought one pair. If you do like it, be even more happy that you tried it.
I'm still into traditional running shorts. But that's what I am used to people wearing. But remember, people used to be go over the High Jump bar front wards. Now that has all changed, and you would think it was funny if someone didn't go over backwards. It's not about what other people think.
I still wear the short, split side running shorts. Why? Because I am awesome, and it is what awesome people do. And because they are by far the most comfortable, as far as I am concerned.
So take the plunge, you'll never know unless you try them out. Pretty soon all of the naysayers may be Yea-Sayer's. And they will owe their new found style to you. A day may be named after you. You could be on a stamp. A made for T.V movie could be made. "The Woman who yelled 'Skort'.; the Mari story". and the list goes on and on. But you'll never know until you head to Striders (www.stridersrunning.com) and get a pair. Tell them Brad sent you.

No comments: