Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Friday, February 26, 2010

To love and to hold.

Dear Brad,
I'm not sure what to think about my date last night. It was with a girl that I like. It was fun and the concert was great but I'm still not sure where I stand with the girl. I didn't try to kiss her, but when I tried to wrap my arms around her during the concert she got a little uncomfortable and said, "I'm just a really slow mover." I was a little confused because it was our third date and I didn't see that as moving really fast so I don't know how to interpret it or how to proceed in future dates. Do I wait for her to get close to me? Do I wait for her to kiss me? And how slow is really slow? She didn't have a problem holding hands during the rest of the concert but I was paranoid the rest of the night that I had royally screwed up. Everything else was fine, we talked a lot and had fun, we had dinner at her parents place and they seemed really nice. I just don't know what to make of her "slow mover" comment. Help!


Laters
Matt

Well Matt, welcome to the weird, strange confusing World of Women. I have been married for almost 12 years and still end up confused.
I have dated “Slow Movers”, but this, my friend, seems more like a “Not movin’”.
You are doing the right thing by not pushing her to move quicker than she would like, even though this seems strangely slow. But, she may have her reasons, and who am I to question her.
Here is my advice. Have your buddy dress up and deranged murderer. Have him chase you two. Pretty soon she will be begging you to wrap your arms around her to protect her from your buddy.
Or, you can talk to her. Let her know what you are thinking, and how you feel. If you are holding hands, then I can only assume she sees you as a possible “Lover Boy”. A quick talk should be able to help you decide if this whole relationship is going in a direction you would like. You can sit around for 3 months wondering, or cut right to the chase and ask her. I know that worked for me a few times.
Just remember: “Any love is good love. So take what you can get.”

No comments: