Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Beauty Woes!

Brad I was just wondering why some people like me that are so beautiful, must look at people who are obviously not as good looking as I. I mean they get to look at me and, my eyes my poor eyes are stuck looking at crap. Why?

Corbin - Layton, UT

Oh, the age old question: "Why must thou look upon ugly people when thy face is so beautiful?" This isn't as simple as one would first think. Many would simply say: "Well then don't look at them." But this issue is much more complex.
I remember the day I found out I was beautiful. I was walking down Front street in my home town. I wore my Tuff skin jeans, and blue "Roo" shoes, with their too small to fit jack crap, less a quarter, pouch on their side. I had a wad of Big League chew bubble gum, getting worked over by my teeth filling my mouth from cheek to cheek. I remember walking past the dance studio which is on the bottom floor of my towns only "slum apartments". When I walked past the window, all of the girls who were there dancing ran to the window. They were smiling, and winking at me as I passed. I can still see, in my mind, one girl who was at least 2 years older than I, mouth the words: Call me". I was confused about what all of the "Hubba baloo" was about until I walked past L & R Variety.
I was stopped dead in my tracks by what I saw in the reflection of that big picture window. It took my eyes a couple of seconds to focus in on what was reflecting back at me. First I could see the hazel eyes meant for a Greek God. Then I could see the beautiful blonde hair, that looked like it belonged on the head of Fred from Scooby Doo. Next I noticed the Golden brown tanned face staring back at me. After 10 to 15 seconds of staring at this beautiful reflection I realized that reflection was mine. My over sized wad of Bubble Gum nearly fell to the sidewalk as I could barely keep my mouth from popping open. It was then that I , as a mere 6 or 7 year old knew I was beautiful.
With a new bit of bounce in my step, I walked back past the Dance Studio. This time, I knew I had sparkle in my eyes. Everyone was back to the window, staring, winking, yearning, longing. I admit a few mugs weren't as easy on my eyes and I would hope. And first I wanted to turn away in hopes of preserving that sparkle I have. But then it hit me. My calling was to show the World what beauty is.
Corbin, I know it is hard to have people looking, staring, drooling, and breathing hard when you walk by. But you are that picture window that they long to look at. But you are no reflection. You are the face, that person, that soul that they long for.
My advice to you? Accept your calling. Know that this is your destiny. If you weren't suppose to be that beacon of beauty, than evolution would have stopped those beautiful genes in their tracks. You are the reason. You are the light. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
Now go and grin some more.

COMMENTS?

1 comment:

Talley said...

Brad - Thanks. It is nice just knowing that someone knows what I am going through. I appreciate the experience you shared. I will try to be more humble about my 'beauty'.
You are proving to be as wise as you are beautiful.
- Corbin