Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Monday, September 15, 2008

I can't talk to her.

Hey Brad there is this girl and she's is just fine. She's on the soccer team and to me soccer chicks are among the worlds finest besides cross country runners of course. Well she's a shy girl but she is way gorgeous and I can't talk to her cause I'm afraid of being rejected or her thinking I'm weird. I mean this girl is like "wow man I'm not worthy so show mercy" beautiful. What should I do to talk to her.

Brian- Kaysville

Well Brian, you got one thing straight. Runner's are the hottest girls. I have said that my whole life. Well, maybe not my whole life, but since I started to get to know runners. And it's not just their looks. It take one fine woman to run hard, sweat, and still smile.

But soccer chicks are a close second. It's all in the soccer style my man. It's dope. I chased many a soccer chick in my day. But in the end, I fell the hardest for a runner.

Your first problem you have is that you have put her up so high on a pedestal that you don't think you can get up there. Well my son, today is the day you are going to learn to climb, or at least chop down a pedestal. She may be the most beautiful girl in the world, but she is still just a girl. Why aren't you worthy? All you've done by putting her so high on that pedestal is keep yourself from trying. It's like running dear friend. You'll never beat someone you don't think you can beat. Same goes for the lady folk. You won't end up with a girl you don't think you should end up with.

I'm going to give you a little homework. This week I need you to rent, and watch a few movies.
1: Some Kind of Wonderful. (One of my all time favorite's)
2: Dead poet's Society. ("Damn it Neil, it's Nuwanda." That was my brother and my saying when we were going after a girl. You hear it in the movie.)
3: Say anything.
4: Mystery Date.

Hopefully you can draw some inspiration. I know I drew some inspiration from these fine flicks.

Now all you need to do is talk to her. What is she interested in? Talk to her about that. Ask about soccer. Ask her about herself. People love talking about themselves whether they admit it or not. If you want a conversation to go well, just be yourself. Find out what she likes. What classes she likes, etc. It's like running in so many ways. If you want to be a good runner you have to run. It really is that simple. If you want to be able to talk to her, you have to talk to her. I am sure you will find that she is really down to Earth, and will enjoy your conversation. You don't have to get deep right off. Just say "Hi".
I would usually start off by saying "Hi". Then joking around with them a little. Before you know it their guard is down and you've got a one way ticket to "Lover Boy, USA". Just start with saying "Hello". Once you are there, the hardest part is done. You don't have to solve her problems or anything. Just talk to her.

Let's wrap this up pal, if you want to be able to talk to her, than talk to her. Let's just say it goes terribly awry, and you say something that blows it. (Of course this will not happen...trust me.) So you don't talk with her again. You're where you are now...not talking to her. But say you start talking, and everything works out great and you take her out, and take her to prom, and then get engaged, and then get married, and have 347 kids, and become a millionaire. Okay, okay I'm getting a head of myself. But the point is, NOTHING will happen if you don't talk to her. You've got nothing to lose. It's like Wayne Gretzky once said: "You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take." ( I know, if you tear it apart it doesn't make sense, but what he means is you will never score if you don't shoot.) Don't miss out on her because you never tried.
I really want to know how it goes. And bring me a picture and I'll tell you if you should go for her any way.
And here's a song for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHijcxit6M

Now go and speak some more.

COMMENTS?

No comments: