Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pimp Pains!

Brad, I heard all the way in Hawaii that you had the coolest blog in the world!!
I was just wondering (because I know you know what it's like) how to deal with the reality of being a pimp for life? It's rough for me, you know?
Hope your doing awesome, thanks for always making everyone laugh and smile.
Aloha,


Ryan - Hawaii, USA

Oh my young apprentice, I feel your pain. It is hard feeling the pressure that society has put on you to be such an amazing individual, especially among the lady type. My advice may come as no surprise to you. In fact, it may be what you would have written if our pimpin' roles were reversed. My advice to you is; Do yo' thang!
Just do what you do best. If it is cool, as it obviously is, it will be cool. There is nothing you can do about it. If you try to be cool, or a pimp in our case, it doesn't take long for folks to see right through your Pimpin' facade. Your life is too short to get hung up on doing what you think other people want you to do. It also takes too much energy.
Some of the coolest people I know were cool, not because they were your stereotypical cool guy, but because they were who they were with no apologies. It was their quirks that made them who they are. It made them unique. They didn't try to be unique, they were just them selves.
So you may have been blessed with the curse of being a pimp. (To all other's reading: I am using Pimp as a slang term , not as an actual pimp who prostitutes women. I mean it as a total stud, who gets the ladies...if you know what I mean.)
Now what? Be that pimp as well as you can be it. Be that pimp the best way you know how. And that should be easy. It's easy to be yourself. It's trying to be what you're not that throws a kink into everything.
I know it is tough try to handle all of the ladies. You have to understand this is your 'cross to bear'. For every one person you look at and say: "I wish I were them." There are 10 - 2o people looking at you saying : "I wish I were him...in all his pimpin' glory, great looks, chiseled physique, shiny shoes, curled lip, bulging muscles, fine tap dancing skills, whistling prowess, brains of an intellect, heart of a lion, and hands of a lover."
Let me roll this into an easy ball to understand: Be yourself. You'll be happier. People will like you more. It's easier than being someone you are not. People will see through your fake identity anyway.
Now go and Pimp some more!

ps I'm keeping an eye on our young pimp Jason. He's coming a long quite well. You'd be proud! I know I am.

Comments!

No comments: