Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Housekeeping!"

Brad,


I've got a problem. I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Ohio. I just raced an 8k this morning and my flight doesn't leave until 5:20pm. We're leaving the hotel at 3:30, in a couple hours to go to the airport. The usual check-out time is noon, I think, so the problem comes as I keep getting Room Service knocks at my door expecting me to be gone! The first couple times it was fine and they were apologetic, but now I think they are getting annoyed as I continue to answer their knocks. Should I continue to answer their knocks or just let them come in and discover that I'm still here?


Lindsey - Ogden, UT

Could it be that you secretly want them walking in over and over? Perhaps you were lonely and this brief encounter made you feel better. Much like people that call for time and temperature over and over just to hear a voice other than their own.
If it is loneliness that is keeping you answering the door over and over I suggest either bringing a friend or calling someone from time to time. Heck, you can even try your best to meet some friends. Though I know these short relationships may be a bit superficial, it will still help with your problem.
Another thing you could do is yell something like: "I'm in here!!!" as loudly as you can. Use a low voice that is slightly raspy. Throw in any of your proffered profanities for emphasis if you'd really like them to get the point. Add them as the knocking continues.
But then again, the easiest thing to do would be put the "Do not disturb" sign on your door. I do that anytime I go on business just to keep anyone from coming in when I am gone. I'd hate to come back and see that my socks had been rummaged through. Try it, it may work magic!

No comments: