Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Greatness of Girls!

Dear Brad, Some of us girls have a problem. We know that we are incredibly strong and tough, not to mention good looking and fast. What could possibly be our problem??? Well, we are afraid that we are intimidating the boys. How do we let them know that beneath all of our awesomeness we are just ordinary girls?



~ KT, Meg, M, and Jewels (Davis County...where all the awesome girls are from!)

Ladies! Ladies! Calm down. First you have to realize a few things. Intimidating boys is just fine. Never let them think that you aren't all of those great qualities. See, Boys are idiots. Yep, pure, stone cold, head to toe, idiots. And when it comes to the opposite sex it gets even worse.
You are not ordinary girls. You are Cross Country runners! Not only that, but you are really good Cross Country runners. From what I hear in the hallways you guys are pretty good lookin' too. And all of this while the other teams are ugly...and presumably taking last. These boys of which you talk are more awe struck than anything else. How do they speak to such running goddesses?
It's like my Uncle Kenneth used to say. "I am diabetic, but that in no way means I can't sneak myself a snicker-doodle once and again." It wasn't a very good saying, as far as this goes, but it is still a saying. It meant that even though he is diabetic, sometimes he can eat snicker-doodles. I hope I cleared that up.
Maybe a saying that is more appropriate would be: "Boys know they are going to screw any relationship up, so sometimes it's better to watch thy beauty than let thy beauty hate thee." I wish with all of my heart someone had once said that. It would have been fitting for this section of advice.
My main advice is; who cares what these boys think? If they are intimidated by you guys than they are not man enough to have you. Stay strong, and cower to no one. Keep being awesome, and one day you will be able to find a fellow, who will most assuredly be a runner, who can handle every bit of the amazing, tough, awesomeness that you all possess. You are lucky you have coaches that have taught you to be so cool!

No comments: