Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Your future double life!

Brad, I hate to ask the same question as Carlee... But I've been leaning towards becoming an FBI agent. It sounds pretty cool to me, kind like a real life James Bond. I know its not the same as you would see in the movies, but it still sounds pretty sweet, what do you think about this?

Logan - Kaysville, UT

I would love you being in the FBI. I will use you to spy on people for me. If someone cuts me off while driving, or yells something stupid like: "Hey put some clothes on" when I am running I will give you their license plate, and you can have them disappear if you know what I mean.
It will be great! I'll be able to speed when ever I want. When I am pulled over I will give them the secret hand shake you taught me that tells the cops "I'm with Logan".
To think of all of the cool things Corbin and I will surely be able to do is enough to make me get giddy with excitement. We'll have you sneak into Weber State and change our college records. I always wanted to be a 4.0 student.
But you being able to "Off" the people that bug me is by far the best thing about you being a secret agent.
If you want to be an agent for the FBI, I think that is great. I would do some research as to what it entails. There can be a lot of paper work. And a lot of things that are not that exciting. Jobs that are more exciting, inside of the FBI, could take you away from your family a lot. But if it is your passion, and it will make you happy, by all means, go for it. I think it could bring a lot of excitement and danger. Much more danger than I care to encounter. Any more danger than accidentally getting hot sauce in my eye opening a packet at Taco Bell keeps my adrenaline flowing.
If it is something you really want to do, start preparing now. You will go through series after series of back ground checks. Nearly everyone you know will be interviewed. But you will have nothing to worry about.

There are a few things that will knock you out, right off the bat, if you can't pass. It's good to know the minimum requirements so you know if you should even waste your time. Here they are.

You must:
*be a U.S. citizen, or a citizen of the Northern Mariana Islands.
*be at least 23 and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
*be completely available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction.
*have uncorrected vision not worse than 20/200 (Snellen) and corrected 20/20 in one eye *and not worse than 20/40 in the other eye.
*pass a color vision test.
*meet hearing standards by audiometer test.
*possess a valid driver's license.
*be in excellent physical condition with no defects that would interfere in firearm use, raids, or defensive tactics.
*possess a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.


Even if you meet all of the above requirements, you're not home free. There are four entry programs: Law, Accounting, Language, and Diversified.

*Law: You must have a JD degree from a resident law school.
*Accounting: You must have a BS degree with a major in accounting or a related discipline, and be eligible to take the CPA examination. Candidates who have not passed the CPA exam will also be required to pass the FBI's Accounting test.
*Language: You must have a BS or BA degree in any discipline and be proficient in a language that meets the needs of the FBI. Candidates will be expected to pass a Language Proficiency Test.
*Diversified: You must have a BS or BA degree in any discipline, plus three years of full-time work experience, or an advanced degree accompanied by two years of full-time work experience.


If you can pass these, then we are on our way to becoming the coolest dudes around. You'll be cool since you'll be an agent, and I'll be cool since I have you get rid of people for me.

COMMENTS?

No comments: