Good Advice from Brad

Good Advice from Brad
"Let me think about this for a minute!

Need some Advice?

What gives?

Need help with something? Don't know what to wear on a date? Wonder if you should use a comma or not. Should you dump him? How can I run my best race? Should we pull the plug? How do I keep from getting so nervous before I race? What about this perm? Should I wear socks with these Teva's? Just email me and let me what kind of advice I should give.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Toothpaste hysteria!

Brad-

There are two different kinds of toothpaste. One has a whitening agent and the other has cavity protection. I want my teeth to be white, but I don't want cavities either! Which toothpaste should I use?



Pete - Kaysville, UT


This is easy. Use both. Is brushing twice really going to kill you? In fact, I would suggest that you may need to brush more often. The junk in your teeth is visible from space. You may need bailing twine for floss, and that stuff looks too strong for your typical dental floss. If you are going out on a hot date, where you will be anywhere near neon lights, I would suggest staying away from any whitening of your teeth. If they are too white your mouth will light up like a rocket booster powering a space shuttle. Unless your date works for NASA, I doubt they'll be impressed.
And are cavities really all that bad? Lose a few teeth and your parents will have no choice but to get you some gold caps. They may even go so far as to get you "Grills". There is no better way for someone who goes to a school like Davis to get some street cred, than getting grills. You can start listening to more Urban music, and get a name like "MC Pete", "Fly P", or even "Pete with Grills who likes rappin'. " All three sound dope to me. Of course you'll have to start saying things like: "A'ight", "Word" "'sup foo' ?" , and "illin'". But with your new look, I'm sure the rest is just details.
Or, you can realize you are being attack by a marketing crew who gets paid the big bucks and sit in an air conditioned room thinking of ways to sell you stuff, while using words like "All Natural", "Anti-Oxidants", "Organic","Ancient Secret", "New", "3 out 4 Doctors", "Alternative", "Boosts (Something or other)", and "Money back Guarantee". When it comes to something like toothpaste, you aren't going to have a whole lot of difference.
Any product that has "Big Claims" should be looked at with a lot of skeptically. Look for "Buzz words", like "All Natural", etc. Don't fall for claims because they seem so great. I could go on and on, but will wait until future questions about crap like "Wheat Grass juice", or "Noni Juice".
If you ever have a question look at : http://www.quackwatch.com/

No comments: